May 13, 2008

Busy, Busy


It's finally Spring in New York and between all the May weddings and the upcoming National Stationery Show, things have been very, very busy. This is the time of year I spend a lot of time visiting all of my favorite shops to order trim, paper, flowers, and all the random accessories needed for special print projects and Blue Ribbon's display at the show.

One of my favorite things to shop for is ribbon. I usually buy my ribbons directly from Midori, but if I need something for a special project in a hurry I'll run up to the Garment District and get what I need at M&J Trim, Tinsel Trading Company, or their sister store, The Store Across the Street. While I'm usually shopping for basic grosgrains and silk satins, I'm always tempted by the wide moiré ribbons and Tinsel Trading's vintage metal laces and threads. Maybe someday I'll have the opportunity to incorporate them in to a custom order....

M&J Trimming
1008 Sixth Ave.
New York, NY 10018
1.800.9.MJTRIM
www.m&jtrim.com

Tinsel Trading Company
47 W 38th Street (btw 5th & 6th Avenues)
New York, NY 10018
212.730.1030
www.tinseltrading.com

The Store Across The Street
64 W 38th Street (btw 5th & 6th Avenues)
New York, NY 10018
212.354.1242

(Photo: Cutting ribbon at M&J Trim)